Monday, May 14, 2012

And then came the warm one...which rolled down my eyes !

And then came the warm one, 
Which rolled down my eyes.
                          After all these years ?
                          It took me by surprise !
All this while, I'd caged it in fences.
But suddenly now, your thoughts dominated my defenses.
                          Your scent drifted around, distant laughs filled my ears.
                          My sombre within, suddenly filled with cheers.
My fingers fell numb, as they sensed you hold.
As if trying to tell me something, as I fell cold.
                          I looked down to see her hold my hand.
                          Our little Princess! Smiling just like you, in her favorite hair-band.
I bent down and kissed her,
And you kissed me one back.
                         I smiled at her,
                         And hugged you tight.
And then came the warm one, 
Which rolled down my eyes.
                         After all these years... Yes.
                         It took me by surprise !

No comments:

Post a Comment